Homemade detergents for every part of the home have many advantages – most importantly, they are 100% eco-friendly, but you don’t have to spend large sums, look for storage space for packaging, etc. The fact is, however, that soft floors are the most difficult to clean. No matter if it is a spill of liquid, fat, sauces, makeup, organic contaminants and more. If you want to tackle these challenges successfully, you must act quickly and with the right tools.
How To Clean Your Carpet With Homemade Detergents?
Universal Carpet Cleaner
This is one of the most popular methods suitable for most types of dirt and fabrics. However, try the fluid of some imperceptible part to avoid serious damage to the beautiful carpet. Otherwise, the preparation has proven to be effective enough and is used in many households.
- 2 tbsp ammonia
- 1 tsp liquid soap
- 2 glasses of alcohol
- 10-15 drops of essential oil with a favourite aroma
Mixing is easy – place all the above products in a bottle and top up with water. The capacity should be about a litre – a litre and a half. The bottle should be well sprayed so that it can be spread evenly on the stain. It is left to work and with a soft brush, for better results. Then rinse and dry with a clean cloth.
White Carpet Detergent
It is crucial that you are familiar with the treatment of the fabric of your carpet, but also act on the colour. White carpets are at a much higher risk of contamination because they are easily soiled. The white colour easily turns yellowish, requiring serious and regular care. Maintenance is not easy, but the positive is that there are many reliable cleaners, even those with household ingredients. Here is one suitable preparation for your white carpets:
- Hot water
- 4 tbsp. hydrogen peroxide solution 3%
- 1 tbsp liquid soap
- 5 drops some kind of essential oil – choose your favourite scent
It is important to insert something very important. The solution to these ingredients is only suitable for white carpets! When used in dark or other colours, hydrogen peroxide will discolour the carpet. Be careful about this when looking at different recipes.
And despite the good results for white carpets, always test on the most part of the carpet. Otherwise, the preparation is easy to use – everything is mixed, mixed and the stain is treated directly. All you have to do is pay attention to the quantity – place it slightly and evenly on the surface.
Synthetic carpet carpets are among the most preferred by consumers – because of their affordable price and wide range of variety. They are also famous for features such as pollution resistance, durability and long durability. Here are the ingredients for a Synthetic Carpet Preparation:
- ½ gallon of white vinegar
- ½ gallon of water
How to use:
Make a mixture of these two simple ingredients and see what good effect they can have. Keep in mind that this solution is quite harmless and you can find many uses for it. Toward the Carpet – Use as a cleaning machine solution or directly on the stain. The most important thing here is to be careful with the degree of humidity. The stain may be removed, but the pad should not rot, shrink, smell badly and deteriorate.
Citrus Enzyme Homemade Preparation
This is a great tool for removing dirt and bringing freshness into the room. The presence of non-enzymatic agents is recommended for different tissues, so try the miracle solution of the following ingredients:
- 1 pc. clean solution bottle (should have a wide opening and cap)
- 1 l water
- 7 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups of lemon or orange peel
How to use:
- All ingredients listed without water are placed in the bottle. Close it and shake it well
- Then measure and add a liter of water – shake the bottle again to mix all the ingredients for the enzyme solution
- you need Now you need to gently loosen the cap to let the gases
- spray Spray on the stain and wait for it to work. For even better effect, use a suitable brush – better be soft, to make sure it will not damage the fabric
- Then rinse with clean water and dry with a white cloth, again careful with the degree of humidity
- Apply vacuum, then Waiting for a few hours until the carpet dries completely
A solution is a great option for eliminating any kind of dirt and leaving a pleasant odor, but there is one major drawback. The whole mixture should stand for about three months to get the enzyme preparation you expect. Because it’s a pretty long period – you could cook it now and hope that in three months something bad will happen to your carpet. If there is an accidental spill, you can try some other trick.
Aggressive Method for Removing Stubborn Stains
No one would want to be in this situation, but it’s good to know how to act in such cases as well. One of the most persistent stains is organic stains – blood, urine, etc. If you have pets and small children, it is almost certain that the carpet will suffer. Get acquainted with the main three ingredients of this reliable method in removing stubborn stains:
- 1 tsp. liquid soap – gives a fresh and pleasant odor
- 1 glass of baking soda – has the property of absorbing odour
- пе cup of hydrogen peroxide – has a powerful effect
How to use:
- Take a clean cloth and absorb the stain from the liquid until deep.
- Then sprinkle with soda directly on contamination
- Mix 1 tsp. liquid soap and 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide
- Once the soda has been sprinkled, pour some of the resulting solution.
- Leave it to work for a while and rub with a soft brush. Then let it sit again for another 15 minutes
- Apply a vacuum to the entire surface
Another solution is a solution of:
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups warm water
- 4 tablespoons. soda
It also produces good results in removing stains and eliminating terrible odors.