Carpet is not just a thing you throw on the floor in your home. On the contrary, with the purchase, every consumer should be aware that they will need to maintain their new focus. It is observed that the greatest difficulty comes from the need for deep cleaning and subsequent drying of the carpet. Perhaps because one of the most effective methods is steam cleaning, and it is characterized by higher humidity after performing the procedure. However, these activities should not be neglected because of the appearance of the carpets deteriorates – they wear off faster. In addition, it is not healthy for anyone to inhale dust and live or live in a polluted environment in the home, office, villa, etc.
What is steam cleaning and what are its biggest benefits?
There are many professional cleaning methods. All proven companies in the market use high-end equipment to achieve perfect results. However, one of the most popular and successful is steam cleaning. It is applied to carpets that allow such treatment. For those who need to avoid steam because of the higher humidity, dry treatment is applied. It again uses a professional appliance and a different type of shampoo. The steam cleaning process requires a type of vacuum cleaner, but with a more innovative attachment from which the water is actually evaporated. Because of this, the name of the cleaner bears that name.
The benefits of steam cleaning are no less:
- The appliance is widely used because of the various accessories at its disposal. Allows more precise cleaning of sanitary premises, dining rooms, living room, kitchens
- It cleans many surfaces – joints, windows, upholstery, carpets and more. Removal of dirt is almost certain if you rely on professional steam cleaning
- It removes fine dust particles, strong dirt, removes stubborn and old stains, removes bacteria at home, in the office, etc.
- Eco-friendly products are used – Steam Cleaning eliminates harmful chemicals completely because experts hold good human health
Tips on Carpet Drying After Steam Cleaning?
Carpet drying can be both at home and outdoors. However, there are many important details that you need to know in order not to ruin your newly cleaned property. The advantage of professional steam cleaners is that they absorb moisture much better, but care must be taken when drying the carpet:
- Improve ventilation in the room – the best solution is to keep the windows wide open if the weather outside is warm and dry. Even stream for even better results. Good ventilation is highly recommended because it improves air circulation, which speeds up the drying process
- Use a humidifier – this appliance is increasingly in demand, so you may already have it in your home. The moisture absorber will absorb much of the humidity on the floor and relatively faster than without it
- Turn on the fans, if you have one – they are a great and inexpensive solution for cooling down in the warm days, but also very good for boosting the room’s air circulation. Turn on all the fans you have and point them directly at the cleaned carpet
- Do not place furniture and other objects on the carpet before making sure it is completely dry – it is better to leave the area on and around the carpet blank for a day than to damage it by returning everything to it again. Usually, under good conditions, drying is short after professional steam cleaning, but don’t risk returning the furniture too soon.
- Do not step on the carpet before it is completely dry – it may be damaged and soiled again. The newly cleaned carpet is able to absorb new impurities, dust particles and bacteria very quickly. So, leave it on the floor for at least a few hours before tapping on the soft floor again
- The rug must dry on the floor – a very common mistake is to hang the rug on a lever. Most people think it’s easier to dry, but it can actually break and damage forever. Therefore, the experts advise to dry out by lying it on the floor.
- Do not vacuum before the carpet is completely dry – the carpet is sufficiently clean to allow you to re-vacuum with the vacuum cleaner. You can indulge in a full break for a day or two instead of rushing to the household. No need to worry about the type of flooring because it only takes a little time for complete drying
- Make a plan for deep cleaning during the warmer season – the drier and warmer the weather, the faster the carpet will dry. That is why you should include this activity in the big spring cleaning or in the summer
3 reasons why you need to completely dry your carpet before reusing
Moisture is an absolute enemy of flooring. Therefore, you should do your best to completely dry the carpet after steam cleaning. Follow the above tips before reusing because:
Moisture in the carpet creates the conditions for an unpleasant odour
Excessive humidity should not be allowed after cleaning your carpet, so best trust a proven specialist. They know the different kinds and know how to handle each one. Thicker pads dry much harder, so they require a good environment. The smell of mould is a sign that you have not taken the proper care of the carpet or that you have not applied the right technique, so take quick action
Excessive humidity aggravates the appearance of the carpet
You don’t want to ruin your expensive investment, so don’t let it get mis-cleaned and the wrong follow-up care. The truth is that drying is more of a self-fulfilling process that takes a little time.
It quickly becomes dirty again
The wet carpet attracts much more dust particles, absorbs liquids quickly. Low humidity is unavoidable after steam cleaning, but must be within acceptable limits. Be careful if you decide to try new technologies, equipment and cleaning products on your flooring yourself.