Your husband probably has an entire garage of tools in case you need to repair any part of your home. However, do you have the necessary equipment to clean your carpet – with regular maintenance, in case of an accidental spill and the worst urine or faeces from your pets. The fact is that soft floor coverings in the home face great challenges, especially if they are located in clearly endangered areas. That is why you need to be prepared for any occasion – you are something of an ambulance for your beautiful accessories.
What is the basic equipment for home carpet cleaning?
If you want to mess up a carpet cleaner – fast, easy and cheap, there are a few basic things to do. Most are usually available in any home and you don’t even have to go to a nearby store. The good thing is that there are many effective methods that are suitable not only for removing dirt and stains from carpets, but also for cleaning appliances, furniture, car upholstery, etc.
- Wipes – clean towels, napkins, household paper, microfiber towels and more. White if possible so as not to discolour the surface
- Preparation pan – light, bucket, bottle
- Spray for easier and even dispersion
- Soft brush
- Vacuum cleaner – preferably with better suction
Main ingredients for home-made preparations:
- Water – neither ice nor hot (preferably at room temperature)
- Citric acid
- Baking soda
- Liquid soap, laundry detergent and other
- You can add extra if desired and, essential oils and more for a fresher scent.
essential attributes are included here. These ingredients allow for a wide variety of solutions and powders to remove different types of carpet stains. There is only one important thing to do correctly – it is a little more special with white carpets. They use whitening agents, and in all other shades, they should be avoided in order not to discolour and damage the tissue.
Benefits of Home Carpet Cleaning
There is no way that the most important factor remains in the background – cost. It is the leading and prevents many households from hiring professionals, although cleaning them is safe, secure and at times more efficient. However, using a good vacuum cleaner and a steam cleaner for your home can produce brilliant results. It is only important that you are familiar with the fabric of the carpet and prepare a suitable cleaner with some home-made ingredients.
Many products available on the market are of unspecified origin or at least do not impress the average retailer. However, they do contain many chemicals and harmful ingredients that are released into your home after cleaning. Therefore, it is advisable to first try a few home techniques with harmless and environmentally friendly ingredients that will certainly not harm you, your family and the environment.
In most cases, home methods produce great results. However, sometimes you have to try several different techniques and repeat some of them until the spots are completely removed. You will surely be delighted and pleased that you have saved money and contributed to a healthy living environment in your home. You can now invite guests to brag about the effect you have achieved.
Easy Methods of Application
The good thing about this case is that you can’t go wrong especially with the treatment of the tissue. However, be sure to always test a part before smearing the entire affected area. Otherwise, all the methods are identical – precise vacuuming, loosening the stains with detergent, rinsing and drying. If you have a professional steam cleaner, borrow from a friend or rent – the process will be even easier and more efficient.
Opportunity for more regular use
Once you’ve found the right cleaner for your carpet, you can always rely on it in case of trouble. Regular maintenance extends the life of your expensive accessory, preserves its shiny appearance and reduces the need for more frequent cleaning.
Recommendations for good carpet maintenance at home
- Apply vacuum more often – at least twice a week in low traffic, up to a day with daily commute and carpet in lighter shades
- Remember to do deep cleaning – make it a once or two task once a year (according to the degree of contamination), deep hygiene should be applied – with steam, with “dry shampoos”, etc.
- Do a deep cleaning in warm weather – this will make drying faster and easier
- Get the rug out in winter at least once – it is important that this happens when there is a fluffy layer of snow. It will be even better with snowfall. This will refresh the look of the carpet as well as your home afterwards. If it is raining, you should be careful about leaving it outside.
- Consider the carpet – Do not tolerate areas where the carpets are at serious risk of contamination (kitchen, under the dining table, near your pet’s bed, etc.) .n.)
- Take care of the humidity in the room, if it is high – keep in mind that the continuous carpet stay in a humid environment will cause holes and deterioration of the carpet. You could keep the windows wide open and turn on the humidifier.
- Watch your pets and young children – if you are raising an animal and have small bugs at home, then you should be on guard at all times. They must have strict habits. Dogs like to urinate and go on soft floors, which can be detrimental to the carpet and contribute to the horrible smell. Kids love to draw everywhere, throw food, and so on.
- The most powerful home odor eliminators are vinegar and baking soda – try them out if your carpet is badly damage.