Professional cleaning companies are the ones who could best take care of your carpet, but the process is expensive and slower. That is why every housewife is looking for a way to save some cost by managing the carpet cleaning herself. If you get to experience once, you will get the key to maintaining the longevity and beauty of your expensive accessory. Who wouldn’t want to enjoy the hygienic look and saturated shades for at least 10-15 years, almost like the authentic look of a soft floor?
Ready to experiment and face this challenge? Grab home ingredients to mix an effective solution, and act!
Best Carpet Cleaning Solutions at Home
Various Carpet Cleaning Recipes:
Take a bucket or pan and mix the following ingredients:
- 1 gallon of hot water
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) liquid detergent
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml ) fabric softener
- ¼ glass of liquid universal detergent
- 1 tsp OxiClean or other similar agent Get
All these ingredients together to make the perfect balm for your carpet. The composition of the preparation is quite rich and its effectiveness has been tested. Leads to good results – freshness, hygiene and aroma. You will certainly not regret testing this method of cleaning.
This is one of the easiest cleaners you only need two ingredients for:
- window cleaner – possibly with natural (bio)composition
- hot water
The two products are mixed in a bottle or in another container and must are equal parts. This is a quick and easy solution for a quick response – in case of accidental spills, hygiene and refreshment. It is also a cheap and reliable cleaner.
The ingredients you need are:
- 2 glasses of water
- 1 glass of white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (13 g) salt
- 15 drops of essential oil – lemon, lavender or pine
If you are looking for a good cleanser with no toxic ingredients and a pleasant aroma, this is a great solution. This solution is preferred and applied in many households, especially when raising young children and pets who do a lot of mischief.
Take a bowl and get the following ingredients:
- 1 glass of borax
- 1 glass of baking soda
- 20 drops of essential oil
- 1 tablespoon (5 g) of dried herbs or flowers
This is a pretty strong and effective method of cleaning carpets at home. Borax has a powerful effect, and baking soda is a very good odor counter. In combination, a truly powerful weapon against any stubborn stain is achieved. Try it, you will not regret
Fill in a bucket or a bowl:
- ¼ cup of ammonia
- ¼ cup of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid detergent
- 3 gallons of water
This preparation also has a very potent effect due to the ammonia content. It is important to know here that ammonia is not safe for the skin, eyes and lungs. Be sure to pack the preparation well if you are left to keep it away from children and pets. In addition, always use protective equipment – mask and gloves.
This suggestion is a powder cleaner containing:
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup baking powder
- 5 bay leaves to smell Odorless
- dried cigars in addition – can and without them
Take a small bowl and mix all the dosages indicated therein. It does a great job with grease and other spills. This is a harmless and effective powder cleaner.
This recipe is an aggressive cleaning agent for persistent contaminants and includes three simple ingredients:
- ¾ cup of hydrogen peroxide
- 1½ cup of water
- 5 drops of lemon essential oil
Take one empty and clean bucket and add everything in the order indicated. The combination of hydrogen peroxide and lemon make the mixture effective and counteract bad odors. Long after cleaning, your home will smell nice in the fresh.
Steps to self-cleaning your carpets
- Transfer the cleaning detergent to a spray bottle – the goal is to moisten the carpet, but not to soak it, so that evenly spraying the detergent is the surest way to do this. To do this, mix all the ingredients together and mix well. Pour the mixture into a bottle and shake it again before spraying the surface.
- Test the preparation on the tissue – make a so-called. “Point test”. This is the only way to find out if the detergent works as a cleaning agent or can damage the carpet. It is a good idea to do the test at some angle or area, which is usually hidden under a sofa, armchair, etc. It is necessary to wait for the reaction at least a day to make sure that the preparation will lead to discoloration or other damage
- Treat carpet with the solution or powdered cleanser – at this stage of the cleaning process again the rule for placing a thin and uniform layer of cleaning agent. This applies to both the contamination site and the entire area. To clean the entire carpet, you should divide it into approximately equal parts and act sequentially. It is correct to start from the inside of the room to the door.
- Allow the detergent to act – each agent requires a different stay, but at least 10-15 minutes. To be sure of the result, wait at least half an hour. This will soak the stain and the solution or powder will absorb the contamination and counteract the odor. During this time, do not allow anyone to step on the carpet.
- Scrub the area – if you do not see good results, you should apply the action again and use a carpet brush or a toothbrush. Rubbing will have a better effect. Apply Circle Cleaning
- Apply Vacuum – once you notice the saturated colors and the shine of the carpet is the last step. Vacuum with a higher suction power vacuum cleaner to safely extract all dust, dirt and debris. For the most reliable results, a vacuum is recommended not once, but at least two to three times. Then enjoy the cleanliness and indulge in a well-deserved rest